Preparing for Your COVID-19 Vaccination Appointment
Read what you need to know about your COVID-19 vaccine appointment. Please also read the COVID-19 Vaccine Information Sheet prior to your appointment. This information will help you prepare to consent to receiving your vaccine.
24 Hours Prior to Appointment
In the 24 hours before your appointment, you must take the online COVID-19 screening. If you do not pass the screening, please call the Provincial Vaccine Information Line at 1-888-999-6488 as soon as possible. Do not come to your vaccine appointment.
On the Day of Appointment
On the day of your appointment:
- Bring proof of eligibility. This may include:
- age-based eligibility:
- a piece of government issued ID showing your name, photo and date of birth (e.g. OHIP card, driver’s licence, passport)
- worker-based eligibility:
- employer issued identification showing your name, photo and the name of the employer or setting where you provide services
- a pay stub or a printed letter from the employer or other setting recognizing you as a worker
- age-based eligibility:
- To prepare, please read the COVID-19 Vaccine Information Sheet prior to your appointment.
- Do not arrive any earlier than 10 minutes before your appointment time. You will be turned away and asked to come back if you arrive more than 10 minutes before your appointment time.
- Follow the signs and line up as instructed.
- Maintain physical distancing of at least 2 meters/6 feet from others at all times.
- Pass an active COVID-19 screening on arrival.
- If you fail the screening, you will not be vaccinated, and will need to call to reschedule your appointment.
- Have regular meals.
- Wear short sleeves.
- Read about what you need to know after your COVID-19 vaccine.
Precautions During Warm Weather: If there is a heat warning event on the day of your appointment, please follow all precautions to minimize your risk of heat-related illnesses. Symptoms of heat-related illnesses include:
- Dizziness or fainting
- Nausea or vomiting
- Rapid breathing and heartbeat
- Extreme thirst (dry mouth or sticky saliva)
- Decreased urination with unusually dark yellow urine
Some precautions that can be taken include:
- If your car has air conditioning, please do not wait outside in the heat. Remain in your air-conditioned car until your scheduled appointment time. Rest assured; you will not lose your appointment.
- If you do not have air conditioning in your car or if you used an alternative transportation (e.g., taxi, friend, bus), find a shaded area to keep cool until 5 to 10 minutes before your appointment.
- Hydrate prior to your appointment and stay hydrated by bringing a bottle of water.
- Wear a hat, light coloured and loose-fitting clothing with breathable fabric.
- Monitor yourself for heat-related symptoms and reach out if you need medical assistance.