Welcome to the EOHU Online COVID-19 Vaccination Pre-Registration Portal
The Eastern Ontario Health Unit (EOHU) is inviting members of certain prioritized groups to pre-register for upcoming COVID-19 vaccination appointments. Demand for the COVID-19 vaccine is currently higher than available supply and prioritization is necessary to determine eligibility.
Please note, COVID-19 vaccine appointments are not yet available for the general public.
Eligible Groups for Pre-Registration
Pre-registration for a COVID-19 vaccine appointment is open for eligible groups only. Pre-registration helps us book appointments quickly and easily as vaccine supply becomes available. When you pre-register, you must enter a valid email address. This is how you will be contacted to schedule a vaccine appointment.
If you are a member of any of the following groups, you are now eligible to pre-register for a COVID-19 vaccination appointment.
- Health care worker; police and firefighters responding to medical calls
- Staff member or essential caregiver at a long-term care or retirement home; informal caregiver (e.g. family, spouse or friend who provides care) for an adult 70 years of age or older
- Adult recipient of chronic home care
- Indigenous population living off reserve aged 55 and over
- NOTE: For Indigenous populations living on reserve (Akwesasne), the vaccine is also available to individuals 18 and over through the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne Department of Health. For more information, call 613-575-2341, extension 3219 or 3247.
- Individuals with certain highest-risk and high-risk health conditions
- Essential caregiver for an adult with a highest-risk or high-risk health condition (one essential caregiver per individual)
- Funeral workers who have direct contact with deceased persons
- Faith leaders who are at increased risk of exposure to COVID-19
- Includes faith leaders who as part of their regular role have close contact with persons and families in the following circumstances: end of life care; care of the deceased, funerals, bathing, or other ceremony with direct contact with deceased persons; home visits to unwell persons; pastoral care in hospitals, long-term care homes, retirement homes or other vulnerable settings
- Individuals who have already received their first dose but do not have an appointment booked for their 2nd dose
Please visit our webpage for more information on the specific eligibility criteria for these categories as identified by the Ontario COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Plan.
NOTE: As of April 7th, 2021, the following groups are eligible to book their appointment online :
- Individuals who will be turning 60 or older in 2021 (born in 1961 or earlier)
- Individuals in this group do not need to pre-register. They can book their appointment:
- Online: Provincial Online Booking Tool: Ontario.ca/bookvaccine
- Individuals who still have a red and white health card, or who require assistance with booking, can call the Provincial Vaccine Booking Line number at 1-833-943-3900.
- For questions and general information about COVID-19 vaccination, you can call the Provincial Vaccine Information Line at 1-888-999-6488.
Completing Your Pre-Registration
Pre-registration can only be done online. A proxy (e.g. spouse, support worker, friend) can complete the pre-registration for you.
NOTE: Only pre-register ONCE. Registering more than once may cause issues with the next steps in the booking process. Pre-registration does not indicate you will get an appointment immediately. You may not get your appointment booking code for a week or longer. Your pre-registration information may be shared with one of our vaccination partners. If this is the case, you will be contacted directly by the vaccination partner (by email or by phone) and you will not receive a vaccine appointment booking code. Please do not pre-register again.
To complete your pre-registration, the following information is required:
- Your contact information
- A home or mobile phone number where you (or your proxy) can be reached
- A valid email address
- A proxy (e.g. spouse, support worker, friend) can complete the pre-registration for you but they must have a valid email address.
- If you are in one of the eligible groups listed above, but do not have a valid e-mail address, please call: 1-800-267-7120.
- Your health card number (when prompted, enter numbers only – no dashes, spaces or letters)
Enter Your Information
- Fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory. You will not be able to complete your pre-registration form without completing these fields.
- Ontario Health Card Number must only include the 10 digits and no spaces. Do not include the version code (letters at the end).
Review and Submit Your Information
Make sure your information is accurate, especially your phone number, email address and health card number. Your email is how you will receive your appointment booking code.
Complete Your Registration
Once you have reviewed your information for accuracy, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete your registration. Your registration has been successfully completed when a confirmation message appears on your screen.
Need help with your pre-registration?
- Ask a family member or friend for assistance.
- Contact the EOHU: